Architectural Survey Update
In 2017 the City of Mount Airy received a Historic Preservation Fund grant from the N.C. Department of Natural and Cultural Resources State Historic Preservation Office in order to update its architectural survey, which dates to the 1980s, and survey additional historic resources inside the city limits. The City of Mount Airy hired Dan Pezzoni of Landmark Preservation Associates to conduct the survey. As a result of the survey, several potential historic districts were listed in the state’s Study List of properties that warrant consideration for the National Register of Historic Places. Subsequently, the City hired Dan Pezzoni to conduct additional survey and prepare National Register nomination reports for the proposed Country Club Estates, Lebanon Hill, and Taylor Park historic districts and for additions to the existing Mount Airy Historic District. Other updates to the existing district are being considered.
The documents below are portions of four of the draft reports sent to the North Carolina State Historic Preservation Office. The state has not yet reviewed the information. District boundaries and the contributing/non-contributing status of properties may be subject to change upon draft review and finalization. If you have any questions or comments please contact the consultant Dan Pezzoni at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The National Register places no obligations or restrictions on private owners using private resources to maintain or alter their properties. National Register listing should not be confused with local historic property and historic district designations. These designations are made by a local governing board on the recommendation of a local historic preservation commission.
- Country Club Estates Historic District (map)
- Country Club Estates Historic District (text)
- Lebanon Hill Historic District (map)
- Lebanon Hill Historic District (text)
- Mount Airy Historic District Boundary Decrease (map)
- Mount Airy Historic District Boundary Increase (map)
- Mount Airy Historic District Boundary Increase (text)
- Taylor Park Historic District (map)
- Taylor Park Historic District (text)