What if I disagree with my assessment?
Call the Surry County Tax Office and talk to the appraiser who assessed your neighborhood. If not satisfied, file an appeal to the Board of Equalization and Review. If not satisfied with Board’s decision, appeal to North Carolina Property Tax Commission, then to the North Carolina Circuit Court of Appeals.

Show All Answers

1. What if I buy/sell my property during the year?
2. What if I disagree with my assessment?
3. What properties qualify for exemption or reduction of tax?
4. Is there a reduction of taxes for elderly or disabled persons?
5. What are my options for payment of my tax bill?
6. When are property taxes due and are there interest and penalties for late payment?
7. What happens if I make a payment by check and my check is returned by the bank?
8. Is a Federal Tax ID number the same as a Sales Tax Number?