MAYOR DEBORAH COCHRAN
She holds two Associate Degrees, one in Retail
Management and one in Business Administration from
· She is an honor graduate, served on the student government in high school and college, Phi Beta Lambda Historian, elected to Who’s Who Among Most Outstanding Community College students and the recipient of numerous college scholarships.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Business
She has taken career classes with the
· Exer-Safety Fitness Certification.
AFAA (Aerobic Fitness Association of
· Active in the Salvation Army for over 30-years serving as Sunday School Teacher for 15-years.
· Locally, raised thousands of dollars in food and toys for the Salvation Army Christmas efforts with radiothons.
· Past publicity chairperson for Humane Society.
Honors and Career Highlights:
Elected Mayor for the City of
· Salvation Army’s Outstanding Service Award in 2009.
· Salvation Army’s Good Neighbor Award in 2009.
· General Federal of Women’s Clubs – 2013 Woman of Achievement for State of North Carolina.
Voted Mount Airy News’ Best Radio Announcer
· Elected to Mount Airy City Commissioner-at-Large in 2007.
· Disabled Veteran’s Award of Merit in 2007.
· Altrusa International Award for Community Service in 2002.
· Creator and producer of two fitness videos.
· Notary Public since 1984.
· Achieved two Essentials of Government certificates, one as City Commissioner and one as Mayor.
· Served as the host of Village Voice and Target Television for MATV.
· Columnist for Hotline Newspaper.
Worked for Marilyn’s Modeling & Advertising
Term expires: December 3, 2013
Mayor Deborah Cochran
Mount Airy, NC 27030