Mount Airy Parks & Recreation/Reeves Community Center
113 South Renfro Street, Mount Airy, NC 27030
Mount Airy Parks & Recreation is proud to offer multiple volunteer opportunities in many different areas. Our mission is to build a healthy community through parks, programs and partnerships and we would like you to join our team. Email or call Peter Raymer at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Administration – a volunteer could gain valuable experience and would be required to provide excellent customer service by greeting customers, answering phones, giving facility tours and assisting with basic office duties.
• Athletics- a volunteer could gain valuable experience while assisting with scorekeeping, coaching, league assistance, and basic office duties.
• Special Events – a volunteer could gain valuable experience while assisting with community events consisting of Running Events, Easter Egg Hunts and other themed events. This individual could hand out water, provide course assistance, maintain concessions etc.
• Maintenance - a volunteer could gain valuable experience and assist with maintaining a quality facility while assisting with basic cleaning duties, sweeping, mopping, washing windows etc.
• Grounds Maintenance – a volunteer could gain valuable experience assisting with maintaining flower beds, litter pick up and other maintenance opportunities while keeping our community clean and green.
• Family Services- A volunteer could gain valuable experience in the childcare field by volunteering with summer camps, afterschool and nursery care.
Retired Senior Volunteer Program
The RSVP program encourages volunteering for people 55 years of age and better by enabling them to utilize their skills and life time experiences to be a service to others. Discover new friends, new skills and the rewards of dedication to a task that improves the quality of life in our community.
Junior Volunteer Program
This program is for mature young adults ages 14 and older who are looking to make a difference in a child’s life. They are an invaluable resource during our summer camp and we also have opportunities during the school year in our after school program. These volunteers will help with arts and crafts, play games, and swim during summer camp.
Senior Adult Programs
We offer many activities for our adult members 55 and better. Through Silver Sneakers, many are eligible for a free or discounted membership. We have special low impact fitness classes and water classes along with pickle ball and the rest of our class line up for more active participants. We also offer monthly social events/luncheons to encourage fellowship and offer a time for socializing along with cards and coffee each Tuesday morning at 10:00AM. Come by and check out our upcoming calendar!