From Monday, March 30th through Friday, April 3rd, and again Monday, April 6th through Friday, April 10th, the City of Mount Airy will conduct the annual city-wide Spring cleanup. This service is for residential properties only. Please place extra items at the curb beside your trash cart on your regular collection day.
FOR THESE TWO WEEKS ONLY, the City will pick up (in addition to regular trash collection):
• Tires (with or without rims)
• Building Materials (generated by homeowner)
• Carpet (any size)
• Automobile Parts
• Large Furniture Items
• Loose Leaves (normally picked up only from October 1 through December 31)
• Limbs exceeding 3 inches in diameter (must be separated from smaller diameter brush)
• Old gas grills (without gas cylinders)
Due to environmental regulations, the City cannot collect paint, pesticides, herbicides, solvents, or chemicals. However, Surry County holds an annual event at Veterans Park (typically in the fall) when they will take these items.
Please call the Public Works Department at 786-3580 if you have any questions about these services.
City offices will be closed on Friday, April 3rd in observance of Good Friday. Loose leaves will not be collected on this day, but Friday residential garbage and residential recycling will be collected as scheduled.
LET'S KEEP MOUNT AIRY CLEAN AND BEAUTIFUL!!